Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Nature crowns

Every year during our Fun Friday Play Day, we have an outdoor centre where we make Nature Crowns.

I am hoping that you can make a nature crown and wear it to our Google Meet Birthday Party tomorrow! (11:15 am)
*** Parents! If you have your own way of making a crown, you don't have to follow the instructions ☺***

You will need:
  • paper - construction paper, computer paper, brown paper from a paper bag - whatever you want your crown to be made from!
  • nature bits that are light (leaves, stems, flowers, seeds)
  • tape (masking tape, clear cello tape, washi tape - whatever you have)
First, cut your paper in half across the long part:


Then tape it together to make a long strip.


Then cut a zig zag pattern. It is easiest if you or your parent draws it first. (parents - I made my points at 3" intervals).



Then to cut the zig zag, cut from the outer edge, into the V. then take your scissors out and cut from the outer edge into the V from the other side. It will be a lot of cutting! I cut 150 each year, so I think you can help!☺. If you don't want to cut points on your crown, that is fine!

Then, measure the crown so it fits around your head with a little overlap. Cut the extra paper off, but do not tape it into a circle yet. We need to decorate it! if you would like to, now is the time to colour your crown. You can use crayons, markers or paint! Or just leave it paper colour.

Then, take your nature bits and tape them onto the crown. If you are making this on Wednesday, you could glue things on. If you are making it on Thursday, use the tape or the glue will slide off into your hair.

I have taped some nature bits on - but I am going to tape so many more on so I can wear my awesome crown for our party tomorrow!

No comments: