Monday, September 12, 2011

Names

Our poem for this week is called "Everybody Has a Name"


I am reading many books that have to do with names. We are trying really hard to learn each others names. We are doing lots of activities and games that involve names. I'm pretty sure that everyone in the class knows my name..... although two keep calling me Mr. Brown :)


(I will show more of the name books later this week)

Today our Words of the Week notebook went home. Please review the words with your child and return the book (in the zip lock) on Friday. On Friday we will try to write down the words correctly! At school we will be doing many activities with these words -- and especially trying to use them in context, which makes them much easier to learn. Please see the note that is enclosed in the zip lock baggie for some ideas of how you can reinforce the words at home. If you have a great idea of how to use the words at home, let me know and I will share it on the blog!

This week's words are:
Grade 1
it
is
to
me
be
Grade 2
as
has
was
the
are
(many of the words come from our poems. If it is not in the poem, it is usually a "word family" word that goes with one of the words in the poem -- e.g. as. has. was)

(this is a tiny composition book in a regular sandwich bag)

No comments: