Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Germs

I think that I have the blog fixed! As you might know, I have been having trouble posting pictures to the blog -- and sometimes the blog posts don't post at all. (although they appear to be published when I look at them on my computer!)

Lately we have been "Germ Detectives" and have been discussing how we can stay healthy. We have learned about washing our hands :)

I pretended to "sneeze" red germs over my hands (paint) and then washed my hands. We were VERY surprised to see that even though I washed my hands with soap, the "germs" didn't come off. So we learned that we need to very carefully wash between our fingers -- and the backs of our hands.

These are my hands after I washed them for -- what the students said - was a long time! We counted to 20, AND said the alphabet while I washed with soap!  Yuck!




The students also did an experiment about germ transmission and washing your hands with Ms. Mattar (on a day that I was away). We used glitter to represent the germs. Ask your child what he/she learned during the sparkle experiment!


post signature

No comments: