Monday, September 19, 2016

A Good Teacher / A Good Student

We brainstormed and came up with a list of what makes a good teacher and what makes a good student.

When we brainstorm like this, sometimes the students do the writing and sometimes I write what they say. But it is ALWAYS in their words.
I would love it if the students always did the writing, but sometimes I help due to :
TIME - it is really hard for everyone else to sit and wait while someone writes a sentence. Multiply that by 21 sentences.  That is a lot of time (likely over an hour). We usually start to lose our audience after the second student writes :) . So we take turns. Because I can write while they talk!

Also -- some students feel shy about written in front of everyone at this point. Some students are not ready to write yet -- I will help to boost their confidence by having them write the first letter (or letters -- whatever sounds they know), then I complete the word.

I often do the writing if we are going to be reading the chart often and independently. But again -- it is in the students words.




The class was more vocal about what makes a good student!

No comments: