Sunday, October 18, 2020

Lines and Roads

 We've been learning so much about lines!

We have read many books about lines.


We practiced drawing some lines - straight lines, curved lines, zig zags, wavy lines ....
 






 We read Along a Long Road.

We talked about where we would go if we traveled along a long road. 

We each chose different media to draw our roads. We chose from india ink, markers, crayons or oil pastels. We each chose the size and shape of paper that we wanted.

Our finished roads look amazing on the wall in our classroom! The wall that they are on is about 4 m long. 

 

Close ups!



(The blank one is waiting for a student to return from a special trip - he will draw his road when he returns)

These are the destinations for the Room 9 students. Can you guess where your child's road goes?

 My road takes me to the cottage.

My road takes me to Swiss Chalet.

My road takes me to a dance party.

My road takes me to a birthday party.

My road takes me to a café.

My road takes me to a cottage.

My road takes me to my Oma and Opa’s.

My road takes me to the zoo.

My road takes me to a restaurant.

My road takes me to Monarch Park.

My road takes me to my Gigi’s house.

My road takes me to my family’s cottage.

My road takes me to my cottage.

My road takes me to a movie theatre. 

My road takes me to my mom’s house.

My road takes me to my home. 

My road takes me to grammy and grampa’s cabin.

My road takes me to Rouge Valley.

These were our Learning Goals and our Success Criteria for this project.

 




No comments: